- The first step to creating your own website is to get a domain name. A domain name is name you want to give your website. Getting a right domain name is very important. You will have to make your domain name relevant to the content of the website.
- Once you have your domain name, you have to get it registered.
- Sign up for a web host account. Choose a good hosting provider that will help you start up smoothly in your new website. A good hosting provider is fast, reliable and user friendly. There are some free ones while some are not free.
- Designing your website. At this stage , you can leave it for the web designer if you want something professional. But if you want a basic web site you can use the WYSIWYG ["what you see is what you get"] web editor. Such editors help you design your site without much technical hassles.
- You will need to install payment widgets if your site is for selling products and services .
- Now your site is all set and ready, You have to get it noticed by submitting it google and bing search engines.
As we now know how to start up our websites, we ask ourselves, why create a website? Why are they so important? Does businesses and companies need a website? The answer is a big YES.
Importance of website to business.
- The two prominent ways of shopping are online or in store. So , if you get your business online, you stand a huge chance of making it successful.
- If you register your business online, you have customers from all over the world viewing your products and services. Basically you will generate ten times more customers online than you will generate if your business was in store.
- A business websites cuts the cost of advertising your business. The reason is because the website is loaded with more information than a standard advertisement.
- When you have a website, it is open 24/7 without you being there. It is open for all to access and shop.
- Through your website your readers/ customers can reach you directly and you can help them better.
- Your business can gain credibility through the websites as you will customers / clients leaving feedbacks.
The more web-centric that the world becomes, the more a website becomes a requirement to be considered.
I AM PARTICIPATING IN A BLOG CAMPAIGN FROM BUCKS2BLOG FOR AN ONLINE WEBSITE BUILDER COMPANY AND WAS COMPENSATED. ALL VIEWS AND OPINION ARE MINE.